Posted by: Kate | 2012-08-31

I just wanted to say that I have cleared my Edgars account!
I have a zero balance! Well needed to tell someone and can''t tell my family because to them it would mean I have more money to donate to them and my bf just would not understand my happiness.

I now have 1K balance on my Woolworths account which I will settle next month then I will be DEBT FREE! I can feel it already.
I''ve been struggling with this for 2years now and with the help of my bf and lots of sacrifices on my side, I can finally see the end of the tunnel.

Edgars also just sent me an email regarding their red carpet sale!
I am glad that I know the only way to prevent buying anything is not going around there at all!

Also before thinking bad of me, the reason for my debt was not entirely selfish, most of it was me looking after my siblings on a slaves salary and mainly the basics they needed, once in a while their wants.

Anyways just wanted to say that but I see I’ m going into the whole explaining thing so I’ ll just stop!

Congraulations ! Well done - and the extra money is YOURS, and does not in any way belong to your family. Debt-freeness grows ever closer !
But as Anon reminds us, and in line with my usual comment on additions ( its easy to stop, the trick is to stay stopped ) So now is the time to plan how to remain debt-free getting only what you need, not just whatever you want ) - try not to see it as a SACRIFICE to keep spending to a minum, but as, through savings, a real gift to yourself .
And to start saving so you have this to fall back on if any problems arise in the future.
Your sibs shouldnt expect you to get their wants, and should surely be doing more to earn enough to cover their own basic needs.

Posted by: Anon | 2012-08-31

Good 4u Kate,but the trick is not only to settle the debt but staying away from making debts for urself in future..I managed to pay all my debts and now every month i can save 10k of which currently i have R200K as normal savings...b4 all this money was going to my creditors..
Learn to buy cash and close all ur clothing account.