Question
Posted by: DL | 2011/01/10

Debt

My ex has made a lot of debt and resigned from our business. I wasn''t actively involved in the business and have a normal 9-5 job. Does his resignation make me responsible for the debt?

Expert ImageFamily law expert

It all depends on how you conducted the business. Whether it was in a CC, Trust, partnership or Company and whether you stood personal surety. You will surely have resource against the ex and depending on the facts be able to claim against him. Without proper information I am not able to advise properly and best would be to see an attorney in your area.

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Divorce and Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter/edivorce
Facebook: www.facebook.com/divorceattorneys
Skype: divorceattorney

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2011/01/16

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Divorce and Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter/edivorce
Skype: divorceattorney

Reply to family law expert