Question
Posted by: Lebo | 2011/08/15

Death Of My Ex

I think it is time I admitted that I am suffering from depression –  the death of my ex husband has killed my soul like I cannot believe it myself. I cannot sleep at night, always tired, cannot stop thinking about him. Not that I regret divorcing him but I still feel he shouldn’ t have died.

I cannot cope –  workload seems too much at the moment.

In the situation you describe, one may indeed develop a severe Depression ; or a seious and complx Grief ( which resembles Depression ) or both. Please, do see a good local psychiatrist for a careful assessment of this state, and advice on treatment, which may include medication but should also definitely include counselling, to help you get through this unpleasant phase, to set yourself free from any thoughts of blame or guilt, and to move on gradually to personal freedom to enjoy life again

1