Posted by: Lilly | 2009-03-23

Death in 2003

Thank you for the advice and I can relate with the over-react to minor situation part. We had '  n small dog and she died a few months after my mom and I cried terribly.,I still do ..... if I see something that would really not affect other people I find myself crying about it and actually being upset. If I may ask, what exactly is CBT counselling?
Date: 21/3/2009

That was almost the example I was going to quote --- it's surprising how often that pattern turns up. I'm not sure I understand the second question. IS it that you find yourself crying about things other people don't seem to notice, but which strike you as sad ? Or maybe even that the fact that other people seem unaffected by such things seems to make them especially sad for you ? Either way or both, yes, it often goes this way.
Now, if you do a search of the archives of this forum, and a google search, you'll find loads of material about CBT --- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. Currently the method best supported by good research showing it to be effective in a range of conditions with lasting benefits. Among other things it helps identify recurrent, negative and unhelpful habits of thought and helps us to revise those to more useful ways of thinking about and reacting to, the world and its events,