Question
Posted by: Lilly | 2009-03-17

Death in 2003

My mom died in 2003 and I still haven'  t grieved her death. I never find myself thinking about her or cry. I'  m a mother of two boys and have a happy family. I'  m scared that someday it will hit me so hard that I get a "  breakdown"  . Will it happen or what should I do? I loved my mother dearly and yes we did have terrible fights, but I' m not still upset about it... not that I know of. Please help me...

Grief cannot be aoided ; at most, postponed, and that is not a good option. Its not that it'll lead to a "breakdown", but that it becomes harder to deal with over time, more likely one will over-react to some much more minor loss. Seeing a practical counsellor is likely to help ; personally, I'd recommend CBT style counselling

1
Posted by: Lilly | 2009-03-21

Thank you for the advice and I can relate with the over-react to minor situation part. We had ' n small dog and she died a few months after my mom and I cried terribly.,I still do ..... if I see something that would really not affect other people I find myself crying about it and actually being upset. If I may ask, what exactly is CBT counselling?

Reply to Lilly