Posted by: Carla | 2009-03-04

I am 20 years old. I cannot stop thinking about the concept of death. It' s so bad that I' ll dream about it often and when I wake up I cry (mostly in my dreams I struggle and fight a lot).

I have no idea why I think about death this much, but it' s eating me up inside. I constantly feel like I want to cry, and I do when I am alone.
I know for a fact that I am depressed about it, but I' m not someone to take my own life.
A friend of mine suggested that i see a hypnotherapist, because she said that something might have happened in my past that might have affected this kind of behavior and dreams.
What is your opinions? And would you also suggest a hypnotherapist?

Some people never pause to think about death, some find it fruitful to think about ; some become unhelpfully obsessed with the idea. Your friend is well-meaning bu hopelessly wrong in the advice. This sort of problem NEVER arises due to distant events --- any p[ast event that was significant, and, especially, troubling, in your life you will and would remember. Significant events do NOT get buried and in need of excavation. And Hypnotherapy as such in such situations is at best useless, and at worst actively harmful. And anyone calling themselves a "hypnotherapist" and no a full qualified psychiatrist or psychol;ogist, is a quack not to be trusted with such problems.
DO see a normal and qualified shrink for assessment and discussion, and it is more likely that ordinary and effective CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) would be helpful

Posted by: Reality | 2009-03-05

I think you should go to Church and then read the poem called Death be Not Proud - then you shall fear death no more and live a happy life.

Reply to Reality