Question
Posted by: Tango | 2011-04-10

Dear Mrs Lemmer.....

Whilst I could not begin to imagine what you as the mother has and continues to go through, I must remind you that the law has taken its course. I hope that the time Cezanne spends in jail will help her to rehabilitate and heal. I do not think its at all useful for yourself to have such a pointless outburst on the net.

I agree, that the priority should be not getting upset about what has happened, but dealing as well as possible with the present and future. The whole episode was surely deeply distressing for Cezanne's mother and maybe other family members, and they deserve expert and properly qualified support and counselling to whatever extent they need it. And maybe they will need to be vigilent to press for Cezanne to receive similarly expert counselling and rehabilitation assistance while she is in prison ( something much harder to arange in all such situations ), so she can use her time in jail for maximum personal healing and growth and change for them better, and to be able to develop fresh opportunities when she emerges from it.
I would worry for her if and when the other acused leaves jail in Europe and is presumably extradited back to SA to stand trial here, that this will inevitably be a most upsetting time for Cezanne, and presumably she will also be invited to testify in that trial, bringing back many issues and times she could well prefer to forget.
That possibility inn the future would be a useful point of focus for whoever might counsel her while in jail.

1