Question
Posted by: Clara | 2008/07/10

Dear Gynaedoc

My husband and I have been desperatly trying to conceive for the past 4 months.

I went off the pill beginning of April, only had my cycle again on 19 June.... In the meantime I m taking folic acid daily, and Both me and my husband are taking Staminogro (4 tabs each) per night.

I m due my next cycle around the 16th... (next week) however don t feel any other than always........ so I suppose this was not our month :-((( ...

We would love to conceive twins, is there a possibility that a gynae would help us in conceiving twins?My dh's father is one of a twin, they have two sets of twins on their side.. however none on my side.

I m also taking Neurontin Antidepressents, are they safe whilst trying to conceive? and should I fall pregnant, safe to carry on with?

With the family history, there is an incre4ased chance of twins, but it would be unethical for a doctor to do anything to increase your chances of having as this would involve taking drugs.
Neurontin has shown problems in pregnancy in animal studies. Human studies include very few cases, but there have been no problems reported.