Question
Posted by: Sam | 2011/06/08

Dear Gynae

Hi there,

Im trying to figure out where to start with research on oral contraceptives. My gf has used Yaz in the past but she didnt like what it did to her mood (using it for 4 months).

As far as I can deduce the ratio between progesterone and estrogen will be the deciding factor seeing as no one woman''s hormonal levels are the same as the next and hence the fact that there are so many different products on the market.

Are her only options either trail-and-error and/or visiting the doc or is there some forum that she can visit in order to norrow down the possibilaties?

Thank you in advance!

Unfortunately there is no test that can be done to decide which Pill to take. It is largely a matter of trial and error.

2