Question
Posted by: Tess | 2011-02-08

Dealing with the loss of a child

Dear CS,

I need ur advice. My hubby and I lost our one month old baby last month. How do we get over this and move forward? It hurts and I think we both need some sort of counselling.

What do you suggest?

I'm so sorry to hear of your los. Each loss is similar, and yet unique. You're right about the need for counselling - there are no easy answers, but one can work through such grief. Any good counsellor, especially with experience of grief, could help. And also there is an organization, which might have a branch near you, called the Compassionate Friends, of people who have lost a child, of any age, who get together and help each other.

3
Posted by: neels | 2011-02-09

i lost my daugter at the age of 12 in 2009,it never gets easy and we take it day for day it also helps to talk to others about your grief,we went for a few sessions of counseiling which makes it bearable but the miss of that angel is still there everyday,prayer did not make it easier but it makes it bearable,the hurt is still there every day and every moment.hopefully the hurt will eventialy pass.strongs to you and your hubby!

Reply to neels
Posted by: Lyn | 2011-02-09

sorry for ur loss, i just cant imagine what you must be going through. I would day get counselling and definitelty seek comfort in the Lord. Prayer will help you get through this. cant imagine how, but try and be strong, you will get over this

Reply to Lyn