Question
Posted by: Cat lover | 2009/09/21

Dealing with the death of your pet

Can someone please rever me to a website where i can talk or get help with dealing with my pets death?

its been 3 months and i cannot accept what happened.
it is affecting my whole life

Dear Cat Lover

Sorry, I do not know a good site.

4
Posted by: Cat Lover | 2009/09/25

Dear Angela,

I want to thank you for your sincere reply to my broken heart! I do not know a lot of people who understand my grief....

I caught a stray kitten from a cafe, at a garage. I live in a small town. There were 2 kittens, I triedfor hours, could only catch one. He was small, fragile and starving! I calmed him, took him home, fed him.....and I fell inlove with him! I have had many cats, so I assumed the kitten was about 4-5 weeks old. I unfortunately had to leave him inside our flat during the day...

And one day we came home and couldnt find him.....as I stepped into our bathroom, there he was....floating in our toilet! He had drowned....I had a nervous breakdown!!!

How did I not see the toilet seat was open! I would never heart an animal! How could I be so negligent! I hate myself still today....it doesnt feel like 4 months had passed....it seems like yesterday.

I have lost pets before.....but never like this! I cant forgive myself. I cannot look at a kitten without crying. I cannot go into any bathroom without thinking what happened. I should have been there!!!!!

For weeks I couldnt use the toilet.....I even moved to another flat in a totally different part of town!

I wrote a poem about my pain and posted on my blog. I cannot look at photos of him.....I miss him so much :-(

Reply to Cat Lover
Posted by: Angela | 2009/09/23

" Affecting your whole life" . Yes, it is and will continue to do so for many years to come. I' m so sorry for your loss, I know how it feels. In 1998 my nine-year-old, perfectly healthy Miniature Schnauzer was killed - deliberately. I have his picture on my wall and I say sorry to him every night for not being there to protect him from someone he and I trusted (I was overseas). The heartache subsides but never goes away.

I' ll do some research on your behalf and see if I can find some kind of group or forum where you can bare your soul. In the meantime, why don' t you tell us about him/her in this forum.

Reply to Angela
Posted by: Angela | 2009/09/23

Reply to Angela
Posted by: Annemarie | 2009/09/21

just google ' how to deal with death of pet'  and a whole host of websites will appear with help.

Reply to Annemarie