Posted by: meme | 2008-11-03

Dealing with people

I don' t know what to do anymore. I don' t know how to talk and be comfortable around new people. The more confident other people are and the more talkative other people are the more quiet I get. I always think and think and think about what to say, but I have nothing to say. And when I have something to say I' m too shy to say it or too afraid that everybody' s attention will be on me. I wish I was like other people with a big mouth, talking to all kinds of people and feeling no fear of being disliked. How can I be comfortable around any kind of person?

Could well be a variety of Social Anxiety Disorder, which responds very well indeed to some sessions of Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) and some meds. You can soon learn not only to relax and be effective, but even to enjoy social situations

Posted by: Vegan | 2008-11-03

I' m the same Meme. I wish I was normal. I must be the most boring person in the world, because I' m painfully shy and reserved. :(

Reply to Vegan