Question
Posted by: Claire | 2009/10/22

Deadly flu

I am very concerned about my uncle. He is in hospital. He has the following symptoms and the doctors are not too sure of what is happening: Cold sores, immobile, loss of speech, fatigue, muscle pain, swollen face, white liquid coming out from the corner of his eyes. He is HIV negative. Please may you advise as to what you thing is wrong with him? I am very worried.

Dear Claire
It is very difficult to guess without examining a patient. The cold sores and white discharge from the eyes are indications of infection ( ?low immunity); loss of speech and immobility could be symptoms of a stroke or brain infection ; fatigue, swollen face could be signs of heart failure.
Does he live in malaria area?
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/22

Dear Claire
Does he live in malaria area?
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc