Question
Posted by: dead foot | 2009/02/24

dead foot

when I put my legs up against the wall and lie on my back to do a hamstring stretch, my one foot goes white and numb as if there is no blood in it. As soon as I stand up the foot very quickly becomes very pink. Is this cause for concern and what is the reason for it?

Dear Dead foot,
Yes I think there is reason for concern, it sounds as if an artery is compressed when you do this, this may be an indication of a narrowing somewhere and it could in future cause acute oxygen starvation to your foot. Please ask your GP to feel your pulses and refer you for a sonar or arteriogram if needed