Question
Posted by: Anon for this | 2012/05/02

Dead end (venting)

Please let me vent. I know what I have to do –  but it’ s so hard, so I need to scream AAAHHHHH and then just do it. I met someone that is and has everything I am looking for in a man. A good heart, my best friend, makes me laugh, gets me. We both don’ t have to pretend with each other. In short –  he is my dream, but the problem is that this dream will never come true.
He has told me that he is in love with me –  I haven’ t admitted it to him but I feel the same. The problem is that he is a Roman Catholic priest and that will never change. These priests don’ t date, don’ t get married and are chaste. So now I have to walk away from him and I find it so hard. And him telling me that he is in love with me is not helping the slightest bit. We have never slept together but we are very close emotionally, and we get closer each day. A part of me tells me to just keep what we have now coz it feels so good. But the other part –  the more sane part of me knows that the longer I delay, the harder it will be and more painful to walk away. AAAAHHHHH.

I have been thinking of recommending to the H24 folks, that we set up a separate VENTING section, where people can feel free to vent to their heart's content ( except for not naming actual people by name ) and feel some release. A page for a virtual scream !
But yes, a Catholic prist can be a splendid person, but an unrealistic love object. Dont chase the chaste. THis sort of situation isn't common, but is rather like when someone gets a crush on their doctor - its partly a genuine relationship, though not ethically acceptable, and partly one that arises from the artitificial circumstances of the professional relationship itself

2
Posted by: Lebza | 2012/05/03

Brilliant idea Doc(Venting) it does help.

Reply to Lebza