Posted by: steph | 2009-06-02

My mistake, i was not clear. i was referrng to the blood levels for the furosemide, fortekor and vetmedin. homeo meds do not work on a blood levels basis this is true.

Dear Steph

We do not normally measure these levels but you can increase the dose of the meds if needs be. Discuss this increase with your vet.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-06-04

Well done! It' s heartening to hear of people who manage to beat the odds with stuff like this.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: steph | 2009-06-04

aah well either way my pooch is doing great despite being diagnosed a year ago with Congestive heart failure dt DCM which was aggravated by atrial fibrilation, heart block and pulmonary hypertension. to date his hypertension is resolved, he has negligable mitral valve regurgitation and has yet to display signs of exercise intolerance and not a single cough yet ! clinically he presents as a well dog. so we must be doing something right ! most dogs dont even get 6 weeks if my research is correct...

Reply to steph
Posted by: Chill | 2009-06-03

Seems to me you' re doomed to being misunderstood, Steph!

Keep plugging away...  -)

Reply to Chill