Posted by: steph | 2009-05-30

My 14 yr old wirehaired daxie ( i' ve made queries about him before so this may sound a bit familiar !) who is on : fortekor, furosemide and Vetmedin recently went for a follow up echocardiogram. He' s been on the aforementioned drugs for over a year now and shown no further deterioration. i recently put him onto some homeopathic meds as i felt a combined therapy may be the best solution. At the last echo it was found that his heart fxn had returned to being on par with a normal healthy dog. I am interested to know what the time frame would be in order to achieve satisfactory blood levels of the drugs before seeing improvement, as my vet is adament that the improvement has nothing to do with the homeopathic meds, bearing in mind that we have 2 comparitive echo' s from when he was on normal meds alone. your thoughts on this?

Dear Steph

How do you expect me to know the time frame for blood levels when it is common knowledge that people do not test blood levels for most homeopathy drugs?

Posted by: steph | 2009-06-01

my mistake, i was unclear in my original email. the reference was to the allopathic drugs, and how long it takes to achieve adequate blood levles with those. Homoeo meds do not work on a blood level basis.

Reply to steph