Posted by: Martie | 2009-09-16

Day of from sex necessary?

Hi Doc. We are having sex 1 to 2 times a day for all the normal (enjoyable) reasons, but also to get my husbands testosterone levels up and to assist in muscle building. I would just like to know: does my husband require a day off (from sex) during a week to recover like he does with his cardio and resistance training or does sex work differently? He takes 2 ZMA sport tablets every evening. Kind regards

sex has been revealed to increase testosterone levels. however, i do not think a recovery period is necessary. what is important to remember is that you are entitled to a day-off: testosterone levels increase during sexual stimuli therefore any sex even if it is just oral / outer sex can raise his levels. as such, if you need a break, you can just offer him masturbation which will offer him a similar rise in testosterone levels.