Posted by: For ever hopeful | 2009-02-23

Day 12 after egg retrieval

Most people say that implantation occurs around 7-10 days after fertilization. I was just wondering if it could happen on day 12? If so, is it safe? I am referring to an IVF procedure. The egg was transfered back on day 3. Thanks:)

Dear For Ever Hopeful

This is certainly possible and in some cases delayed implantation has been described therefore I would remain optimistic until either a bleed or two negative pregnancy blood test are noted.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Forever hopeful | 2009-03-03

I have not had any spotting, in fact, my pregnancy test has finally come back as positive:) HcG went from 3 to 19 to 186. I am going to test in a few days to see how it is going. I think our embryo implanted a bit late, not sure:)

Reply to Forever hopeful
Posted by: Nash | 2009-02-27

I read that is was between day 9 -13. Could be! Are you spotting?

Reply to Nash