Question
Posted by: Worried | 2009/02/23

Day 10 Pregnancy test after ET

I underwent IVF treatment, I am carrying as a surrogate, so the embryo is not mine, so to speak:) They did a pregnancy test 10 days after egg transfer. My HcG level is 3.

I have been told to continue with my meds and retest in 4 days time. Some people have advised that this test might have been to early and should rather have been done 10 days after possible implantation date.

What in your opinion is the best time to do the test, would 3 then not be so bad?

Thanks for your time

Dear Worried

The ideal time to do a Beta HCG level is twelve days after embryo transfer, this should be repeated two days later.

Answered by: Dr Y. M. Dasoo