Posted by: N | 2011-08-29

Daughters pimples

Hello doctor, please assist. My daughter is 10 and a half years and has been in puberty for a whlie. She is suffering from pimples on her forehead and into her hairline - this does not upset her at all really, but it worries me as I dont want her to be teased at school (the other girls dont have them). I have bought her pre-tycin soap which we have used for a long time now and although it helps a little, its not a huge help. Do you suggest I take her to the GP for sometthing stronger ? I DO NOT WANT HER TO START ANY PILLS THOUGH. Maybe just a cream ? or a gel at this stage? some of the pimples are quite bad and painful I think. Thanking you,

I suggest that you consult a dermatologist for an examination and treatment. There are very safe anti-acne products on the market and the dermatologist will be able to recommend the correct products after evaluating the severity of her acne. It is really not necessary for her to go on an oral contraceptive to help with the acne.