Question
Posted by: Nic | 2011-02-16

Daughters hair

My healthy 10 yr old daughter has hair that is easily plucked out, also very brittle. She wants to grow it, but I keep cutting it promising her that when it grows back it will be in even better condition, but it never is. It also grows VERY VERY slowly too. She lacks nothing in her diet (eats everything) and is a keen sports girl. If hair and nails go together then I''m even more confused as her nails are gorgeoous (strong, healthy looking and grow quickly). My other younger daughter doesnt have the same hair problem, but both my girls''s hair turns very green after being in the pool (I know this is common) and this worsens the condition. I understand its not the pool chemicals that do it. How can I make sure my older daughter has luscious locks ?? !! What is causing this?

Hallo Nic
The green colour is caused by traces of metal (copper etc) in the pool chemicals that react to very porous blonde hair. It may help to put conditioner on her hair before she swims (best to wear a swimming cap if possible) She may need a special shampoo and conditioner regularly to reduce brittleness and dryness, so speak to your local hairdresser about using specialized salon products for her. This will also reduce hairloss.
dr Bets

3
Posted by: griet | 2011-02-18

You should try Lennon''s Bergamot essence. You add this to shampoo and wash as usual. It makes hair grow faster and thicker. Get this at Pharmacy.

Reply to griet
Posted by: Nic | 2011-02-16

Oh, I meant to add that I have read up on that ''easily plucked hair syndrome'' (cannot recall medical name) and its not severe like that at all. GP says she''s fine. Please advise.

Reply to Nic
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-02-16

Hallo Nic
dr Bets