Question
Posted by: IchabodChrane | 2009/07/31

Daughter' s backache

Hello doc

This relates to my previous post on medical aid. My daughter' s been suffering chronic lower-back pain for the past three months, to the point we she walks bent over forwards semi-permanently. She' ll be 16 in September. We took her to a GP who linked it to her menstrual cycle, but that has proven not to be the case. Ruinous medical costs make it almost impossible for me to get her the diagnosis and help she needs, and it' s keeping me up at night.

A 16 year old with severe chronic back pain needs to be investigated. Your last resort will be to take her to a state hospital.