Question
Posted by: Nikki | 2009-02-08

Daughter undiagnosed Urgent

My 20 year old daughter has been ill for the past month. She has dizzy spells whenever she stands up. She often feels nauseas as has low grade temp on and off 37.5 with sweats and is clammy. Also had occassional abdominal pain and pain in right side.her glands where swollen and they did tests for glandular fever. Came back negative. Then on thursday she collapsed and cut knee open and hit her head. In the afternon she started vommiting and dizziness was severe. She went backt to dr, then to surgeon and appendix was taken out thursday night. she is still nauseas, cannot wallk more than a few steps without having to lie down as feels as though she is going to pass out. Low grade fever is still there and nausea and body feels clammy. They have also tested her on thursday for a staff infectionl The surgeon said she had signs of perronitis (i think that is the word) but her chest was clear on observation. I cant see this as being appendix post op as did not experience this with sons appendix and this has been ongoing prior op and is still persisting.

I am not sure if i should take her into casualty or not and if they will in fact do anything as no one seems to give an answer prior the appendix. She has also compelted a course of penecilin last wednesday this week.

if you can give anylight on why she is always dizzi and nearly blacks out i would appreciate some guidance of what and where to go or if this is just appendix related then at least i can stop worrying.

Many thanks.

Dear Nikki

Thank you for visting health24.com.

I strongly recommend that you take your daughter to casualty. It is possible that she has a viral lymph addenitis of the abdomen. They will have to exclude this. Has pregnancy been excluded? Please keep me informed.