Posted by: Sad Mommy | 2008-11-11

Daughter Issues

Now my daughter is stealing non stop. She took over R200 out my bag while I was bathing my sons and almost R600 from my husband over the weekend. His wallet was in the top of his cupboard, not even lying around.

She spent my money at school and NO ONE saw that a 10 year with R200 is a bit much?? She used it ALL in 1 day.

I cant take it anymore. She is ripping my family apart.

I have tried all the normal punishments like chores, no pocket money, no TV. Nothing works.

She even tells the school I dont feed her, I beat her and dont love her. I now have social services on my back.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

I would strongly recommend that you consider family therapy in conunction with actually asking social services to help you. They may have got involved because of allegations - but you can ask thm to assist. A really good organisation to contact is the Family Association of South Africa - FAMSA you can find their details at they offer counselling services aimed at assisting families in crisis.

I know you are angry right now, but there is an important need to try and work out the problems as a family so that you stay together as a family.