Question
Posted by: Michelle Kater | 2011-08-29

Daughter had tonsils 5 times this year

My 11 year old daughter had tonsils 5 times this year,I made a booking at the ENT clinic at a Johannesburg goverment hospital.The whole weekend she complained of a sore throat and she was coughing alot.There were no signs of fever when I looked in here throat I saw big holes in her throat,should I take her back to the hospital or can I get antibiotic at a doctor.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Michelle

Either way she should see a docter, seeing your GP may be the quickest route. An infection is unlikely if she does not have a temperature, but it is impossible to speculate without examining the patient.
She requires a full examination before a decision is made.