Posted by: CP MOM | 2009-02-17

daughter and her doggie

I' ve been on the CS site for about 6 years....but I now have a problem I do not know how to handle.

My Cerebral Palsy daughter of nearly 12 has a little MinPin of 10 months, before she had a female one and the got along so well so when it died I got her this male one.

She was given a hystorectomy last year May for obvious reasons, she had also started menstruating and is very developed for her age.

That' s just a bit of history. Last week her care giver said to me that she found her in the back garden with her panties off and the dog licking and trying to mount her (sorry i dont know how else to put it). When I got home I spoke to her and told her this is not acceptable and and and - she' s mentally at the age of 3. Sunday I caught her pulling her top down so that he can lick her nipple. Again I explained this is not acceptable.

Last night I saw her doing the panty thing in the bedroom, i then went back down the passage and walked loudly so she could hear me and she was pretending to watch tv - so she know what she is doing is wrong. I left and krept to the room again just to see her pull down her panties, pat on her privates and call him.

What am i to do ? Please give me advice ? Medication or what ? I am devastated.

You could try Depo provera, though she is a bit young. Cybershrink may be able to give you advice.

Posted by: CP MOM | 2009-02-18

NL, people like shame do not understand disability.

What website do you mean? the CS one ? its on here under xperts?

if you want to mail me mail me on joejoe at

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: NL | 2009-02-18

CP Mom, What is the website address?

Re: Shame  You don' t understand how children like that think. Yes they are clever, and yes she knows she' s doing wrong. But she will be clever enough to learn a new dog the same thing. She only knows whatever the dog is doing feels nice. They can try and keep the dog away from her, but it' s sounds like that' s going to be impossible, cause the dog is use to coming into the home.

They can' t give their daughter away!

Reply to NL
Posted by: Shame | 2009-02-18

Pity that the dog now has to be given away. That fact that you daughter ' pretended'  to watch TV tells me she knows very well that she is doing something wrong. The dog doesn' t know what he is doing is wrong. Just a pity that he now has to go. HE is not the one doing anything wrong. Just my opinion.

Reply to Shame
Posted by: CP Mom | 2009-02-18

Yes on CS

Reply to CP Mom
Posted by: NL | 2009-02-17

Wow.... My sister has Cerebral Palsy. As far as me or my mother know she never tried something like that. Our dogs are outside and they keep each other company, so they never come in the house. This is really sad I know, cause they don' t understand when you say no to them, and that' s wrong. My sister is 16 already and still havn' t started menstruating yet. We really wonder if she' ll ever start. They only thing she does that' s disturbing is sometimes she would kind of itch there I suppose then she would scratch it... but kind of not stop scratching it, and get like hiper active while doing it.... Then we just tell her... NO... don' t do that. Then she stopped.

I would really suggest to get rid of the dog, sorry I know it sounds cruel, but you will have to. And don' t go and buy a new dog right away, cause she might just be able to learn the new dog to do the same. Rather go without one for a little while, so that she can forget.

I don' t know much more to say to you, this is scary cause we never think that they will have the mentality to think like that. But they surprise you everyday.

Goodluck. What website where you on for 6 years? CS?

Reply to NL
Posted by: CP MOM | 2009-02-17

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: XJ | 2009-02-17

I have no advice for you, but have you tried posting to the peaditrician or cybershrink?

Reply to XJ
Posted by: Um | 2009-02-17

I think in this case you should rather get rid of the dog and get her another pet - something that can' t lick of mount? If she knows that what she is doing is wrong, she might understand why the dog had to go?

Reply to Um