Question
Posted by: Mickey | 2011-02-01

Daughter acting out of sorts

My daughter is 20, she comes across as a very confidant person always giving others advice. Every now and then " haar koppie hak uit"  she has a very bad habit of not respecting your space or property and when she is confronted about the issue, she starts screaming, crying and going absolutely mad, saying that she does not understand what the problem is. She does not see anything she does as a problem.

This is now becoming a problem for me, she does not keep her jobs, when she''s had enough she simply gives 24hrs notice. It is not as if i can send her off to boarding school. Please i need help.

That sounds like, at least, really bad manners and lack of consideration for others. She sounds naive and immature, and with a selfish point of view and a lack of understanding of how her actions affect others.
Maybe she feels free to be rude and careless to others, and to lose or give up jobs, because she assumes you will always accept her childish and selfish behaviour, always repair the damage, and continue to provide her with accomodation, pocket money and food, etc., so she feels no need to take seriously her duty to earn her own living.
DO a web-search and read up on Tough Love concepts, and consider insisting that she see a ood tough local counsellor.

3
Posted by: koos | 2011-02-02

tannie,jy moes haar meer gemoer het toe sy jonger was!

Reply to koos
Posted by: Carol | 2011-02-01

Sounds like my 24 year old son ... I have just sent him to a shelter :( this mommy has had enough!

Reply to Carol