Question
Posted by: Jane | 2010/04/08

Daughter

Dear Doc. My 13 and half yr old daughter has started geeting lots of tiny spots all over her face - her brother is on Acnetane for bad acne. Should she also go to the dermatologist, or can she go onto the pill? if so, which one? She has started her periods, although they are not in a 28 day cycle yet. Thank you.

She should not just start the Pill. Rather get an opinion from a dermatologist.

2

Posted by: mm | 2010/04/08

hi there, i had really bad acne from when i was 13 yrs old when i got into high school i went to a dermitologist and she put me on the pill called ''diane'' and im 20 now and my skin is amazing i do get a spot every now and then but its cleared up so well and my period was so irregular untill i went onto this pill

Reply to mm