Question
Posted by: Nic | 2008/06/06

Daughter

My daughter has no apparent hair loss and her hair is fairly thick, but it grews very slowly - only 1 cut a year to keep her bob style. I noticed to my horror last night that if I take up a few hairs in my hand I could pull them out of her head with ease....they just pop out no problem. Now I am investigating this on the net and am finding all sorts of things. I just want to know if it could be anything serious or be the cause of an underlying disease? Your suggestions would be greatful.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you take your daughter to your GP, to have blood test done, as well as a thyroid count. She can also supplement with Vitamin B12 Complex, as well as folic acid.

Kind regards