Question
Posted by: Alison | 2010-09-23

Daughter 11 - Now starting periods after 23 days

My daughter is 11 this is the 2nd time she is having her periods this month. She finished her periods on the 8th September last. She first started her periods for the 1st time on the 16th June this year nine days before her 11th birthday. She has had one 28 day cycle and two 25 day cycles now it is 23 days since she started last. Her periods are very heavy and she has complained on burning sensations in her pelvic area on about the 3rd and 4th day of her period since she first started in June. Will her body regulate or is it something I need to see a GP about.

It is common to have irregular periods at the start. They usually settle down, but the Pill can be used if they are really problematic.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-09-26

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-09-26