Posted by: dianne | 2009-06-17

dating younger man wise?

i have been friends with a man for a year, a month ago we kissed.. but then he dated someone for a 2 months and it didn' t work out. this weekend we spent some time together and realise we have feelings for each other, he was extremely affectionate and lots of kissing. I am worried that he is 31 and i am 39, and dying to have a baby. he also wants kids, and we are both part of a close circle of friends. would be a nightmare if i fell for him alter and he ditches me. oh dear, we have a heart connection but i am worried about the practicalities/risks of dating a much younger man. (who is also Obsessive compulsive, but under control as he is on prozac) hmmm...

thank you

Not a psychiatric question, but I'm sure some of our other readers can advise helpfully. Don't you realy need to calmly discuss all this, including your hopes and concerns, with him directly ?

Im 36 and dating a 42 y/o woman with 2 young kids. She has no problem in dating a younger guy because Im mature, treat her with respect and can communicate with her on her level, so its not a problem for her. I give her a different perspective on life.