Question
Posted by: Dianne | 2010/06/21

dating younger man

I was single for may years, am now dating a wonderful man..he''s 32, I''m 40. I look younger for my age and we love each other dearly, are engaged and expecting a baby.
I just read the " aging/sex expert" comment to a man who was dating a woman 10 years older, and he said it rarely lasts long (usually 3-8 years) and the man will often leave when the aging process starts showing on the woman.
I have this fear of what things will be like in 10 years time..when i am 50 and hitting menopause etc.. he''s a handsome go-getter.
urrghh... should i just enjoy the now and whatever happens happens? what is the common outcome of these sort of age-gap relationships?
thank you
Dianne

I have no idea what actual expertise and qualifications this other expert has in terms of marriages and relationships. In my experience, which has bee long and varied, the significant difference is in psychological and social age, rather than in chronological years - there are some senile at 20, and some young at 80. But it is relevant to discuss this sort of issue in a general way with your betrothed ( there ! I've given away my advanced age ! ).

3
Posted by: Rick | 2010/06/22

My wife is 7 years older than me, im 37 and she is 44. we are both on our second marriages and she has two young girls, I have no kids.

She was also concerned about the age difference, but what she realised is that many guys are looking for a real woman, with life experiences,intelligence and maturity and an older woman offers that, so what if if there are a few wrinkles here and there? I call them laugh lines and lines of wisdom...we have a good laugh at that and she feels much better. The thing is that if your man respects you and loves you for who you are, age makes no difference.

My first wife was 8 years younger than me in age but 20 behind me in maturity, sure she was a pretty face and had t...ts and a...s, but thats where it ended...you cant base a life on looks, I tried and it failed miserably.

Your man loves you for you, i can promise you that!

Reply to Rick
Posted by: XXX | 2010/06/22

The age gap between partners these days is playing less of a role than ever before.As long as you are happy together,what does age matter !
For what it is worth,men " generally"  go for younger women BUT even these relationships don''t always work.I would suggest that you enjoy your family and show all the love you can and this will hopefully keep you together.

Reply to XXX