Posted by: Nebo | 2009-05-05

I' ve been dating for almost 3 months. This guy normally takes me out for snacking or lunch and pays the bill. I sometimes feel like offering to pay the bill (both) but I' m scared to propose that to him. The reason being He is aware that I can afford it but I feel I need to give him the upper hand as I think it makes him feel good . At the same time I have the feeling that he may think that I' m selfish and ' dependent'  on him.
P/s advise me on how to resolve this predicament without him thinking that I' m trying to be competitive

Why be scared ? Offer to pay for btoh of you, or, if he seems uncomfortable, offer to "go Dutch", each maying for yourselves. You can say how much you appreciate how generous he has been all along, but say it makes you feel bad not to pay your share

Posted by: Hope* | 2009-05-05

Just tell him next time its on you!

Reply to Hope*