Question
Posted by: Pipa | 2012/09/26

Dating 10 year younger guy

I''m dating a guy 10 years younger then me.We have been dating for 9 months and moved in together 2 months ago.I''ve been very happy even though his got an overbearing mother that will drive Mother Tersesa insane but what really worries me is that he has a younger lady friend that swoons over every word he says and he enjoys the attention.I''m quite a few years older then her (she is younger then him) and I think her intentions is not that innocent.
I''ve tried to made friends with her, but since I''m a lot older then ther, we don''t have much in common.He asured me I''ve got nothing to worry about but it bothers and is hurtful to me that he doesn''t see the red lightsI have come to a point that I that I feel the situation is hopeless and she''s eventually going to get what she is working very hard to get.

Fprtunately for Mother Theresa, she's safe from his mother, But if he's foolish enough to be playing with a younger kid who may be playing him by exaggerating her responses to his comments, maybe he's not ready yet for a mature relationship ? ( I wonder what Mother thinks of the other girl ? ) If you really had nothing to bother about her, why would he choose to spend any time with her at all ?
And what's important in relationships isnt the relative ages in calendar years, but relative maturity

13
Posted by: Happy | 2012/10/01

I have been dating a guy 6 yrs younger than me, and i must say this has been the happiest 2yrs of my life cause i have never been treated with so much love and respect. Besides nobody has any guarantees that a relationship with an older guy will work out or if there will not be another woman eying your man.
So enjoy yourself sister girl and dont worry about what anybody say. you deserve to be loved.

Reply to Happy
Posted by: yolandi | 2012/09/29

dearest im black and proud african quenn who is dating a guy 6 years younger than me for 3 years now we are axtremely happy and inlove our relationship is strenghtned by people like you who exaggarate things and hide behind culture after that do u even know what is culture dear? pls go to school and get education so ur little mind can grow he buys me things i buy him things he never asked me for money or anything God stupid ppl with little minds

Reply to yolandi
Posted by: Joyce | 2012/09/29

This is very interesting topic as i am dating a 10yrs young man who i mandly in love with him, he is like everything to me and we enjoyed every moment together but i still feel shy to walk holding his hands because people will talk. He doesnt mind kissing me in public or intro
ducing me to his friends. We were dating since December last year and he treat me like a lady. He doesnt need my money or anything from me. I love him soo much even though i am still a bit shy, so i was reading other''s comment and i am willing to stick with mu boy

Reply to Joyce
Posted by: justin | 2012/09/28

Iam married to a woman 7 years older than me and we''re are happy with our kids and a beautiful warm home for my kids. I love older women as they know what they want in life. And it boosts my ego when she begs for mercy(bedroom)

Reply to justin
Posted by: Karin | 2012/09/28

There is a 12 year age difference between my husband and I. thought there might be a problem but there was none (11 years later). At the end of the day some men prefer the maturity of an older women, as most younger women are still growing into who they want to be.
Try to forget the age difference and enjoy each other. Show him the reason why he is with you in the first place, and handle the situation with the calm maturity that is YOU. I don''t doubt that the " little girl"  is well aware of what she is doing, kill her with kindness every time. that way she will either go away, or he will see through her ruse. whatever happens, you will find out one way or the other whether you are meant to be. age has nothing to do with it at all.

Reply to Karin
Posted by: Cecilia | 2012/09/28

Hi there, there is nothing wrong in dating a younger guy for as long as he is matured and knows whats he''s doing. The most important thing is to give respect and love to one another. I am black and I have seen it happening amongst the black and highly educated people. Enjoy it while it last sister.

Reply to Cecilia
Posted by: Roses | 2012/09/28

Pipa, this is going to be a real hard work for the both of you. We women mature earlier and the guys follow later, you have to find out if this guy is really ready to tackle a relationship further or it just for now, what are his visions, direction for life, is he really matured to handle you. You are going to have a lot of young girls in competition with you for a long time, they''ll (girls) believe that they are better than you since they are younger than you. So let the love conquer all. It''s a pity I will only date a younger man if he is very rich, sexy and matured apart from that No.

Reply to Roses
Posted by: Rani | 2012/09/28

The worse thing that is, you moving in with him, give yourself at least 1 to 1 and half year to check it out, then make that move. Life is unpredictable...what it is made up of matters...respect, mutual understanding, trust and love

Reply to Rani
Posted by: Yoh | 2012/09/28

Im black and proud, in my culture this would be a total taboo, beleive you me, you are nothing but a sugar mama and cash cow to him, in the long run it is not going to work out, not being sarcastic but simply being realistic.

Reply to Yoh
Posted by: Michele | 2012/09/28

hmmmmm - ive been dating a guy 15 yrs younger than me for two years already - we don''t live together, which in itself is fantastic as we have our own busy lives, and we get together on a regular basis, but our relationship is growing and i feel that our love is getting stronger and deeper, i do worry about younger woman coming into his life - its natural - so i am just enjoying the moment :) as much as i can - it really is all about trust and respect at the end of the day - not age (age is immaterial if one is compatible in all aspects of your relationship - and yes watch out for that younger woman - she is most probably after him - what can i say

Reply to Michele

Quite interesting that today i come accross this post, while i am struggling to make a decision to go into a relationship with a guy 5 years younger than me. Pipa, i wish i had advice but would be interesting to hear other people though. I like the guy and need to decide if i am going in it but i am haunted by the age difference, don''t know how to get over that one.

Posted by: XXX | 2012/09/26

Even if you were younger than him there could be other women that show interest,that is life.
All you can do is provide him with love and all the other usual attributes a woman can bring to a relationship.
If you are truly a match then that should be good enough,no matter your ages.
Having a large age gap can add extra pressures to a relationship but there are plenty of examples that show they can work.

Reply to XXX