Question
Posted by: Daschie Mama | 2010-06-08

daschund puppies - very sad

Hi, my 4 puppies are almost 7 weeks now and ready to be re-homed, but I just can t seem to get myself to do it. I have grown so attach to them. They are so excited when I get home in the afternoon. I even get up at 3h00 in the morning to play with them and even sleep on the floor with them when they are playing. I dont mind getting up at night to see if they''re okay or to feed them. I am 30 weeks pregnant and struggling to sleep anyway. They sleep in the room next to mine.There are people phoning now to buy the pups, but I cry when they want to take them and change my mind at last minute. I just want them to go to a good home, but how do you know if they will be cared for? How can I let go? I will keep all of them if I could, but with my own baby on the way and 2 other daschunds it''s difficult. Any advice please!!!

Hi Daschie Mama

I would strongly advise you to sell the pup's to good homes. It sounds that you will have more than enough on your plate when the baby is born.
If you are unsure of the homes in question then visit the homes prior to the client purchasing the pup. In addition ensure that the pup's are vaccinated and dewormed prior to going to there new home. If you need any advise contact your local veterinary practice.

3
Posted by: heartbroken | 2010-06-19

Hi Daschie Mama

It sounds like it is very difficult for you. You have grown emotionally attached to the puppies.

Please follow Cybervet''s advice and go and inspect their homes. That is what the SPCA did when my mom adopted a pet.

I lost my little 3 month old Dachie on the 22nd of May. I have been heartbroken.

You will have your hands full with your new baby.

Good Luck!

Reply to heartbroken
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010-06-09

Hi Daschie Mama

Reply to CyberVet
Posted by: Chill | 2010-06-08

I know it''s difficult, so I''m not lacking in empathy. But unfortunately life doesn''t only consist of easy and fun things. You''ve had the joy of the pups for 7 weeks, now it''s time for their new owners to enjoy their puppyhood too. You need to toughen up, grit your teeth, and do it - you''ll get over it, I promise.

Reply to Chill