Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2010/05/20

daschund

I have just bought a 7 month daschund from a breeder, he was lying on his back this morning and it looked as though one of his balls has moved to half way up his penis...is this ok, or should i take him to the vet.

also my bitch is trying to mate him and she''s not on heat???

Hi Lisa

From your discription it sounds that you Daschund maybe have an inguinal retained testicle. You need to check the scrotal sac and ensure that the two testicles are there. If not you can wait and see if the testicle will drop in 2-3 months time or get the retained testicle removed at time of castration. I would advise that you do not breed with this pup as the condition is inheritable.

4
Posted by: Susan | 2010/05/20

That is what you call a morning glory! My dacshund gets it al the time, but then again he is a sex addict, he he! No worries, I''m sure its not there anymore right?

Reply to Susan
Posted by: jill | 2010/05/20

Anything abnormal/looking different - take him for a check - always rather sooner than later.

Reply to jill
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/05/20

Hi Lisa

Reply to CyberVet
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/05/20

Hi Lisa

Your bitch may be showing sexual behaviour if unspayed and/or dominance behaviour over the pup.

Reply to CyberVet