Question
Posted by: Estelle Gallacher | 2011/06/21

daschhund puppy

Why is my 7 months old puppy digging holes everywhere in the garden?

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Estelle, without a full background often difficult to work out why, but most likely it could be that the dog is just plain bored. Are you giving him lots of walks and stimulation? Is he getting lots of different chewtoys to get stuck into etc. What you can do is to make him a digging pit and teach him to only dig there. Sounds difficult but we do have some notes on how to on my friendsofthedog website that will help. On the areas he is currently digging, put down some 'Dog-Off' or similar and if on grass you can put down chicken wire to prevent same.Good luck, thanks Scotty

2
Posted by: Vicky van Zyl | 2011/07/04

I have a 8 month old female daschund puppy. She eats the electrical wires,paint off walls, wooden doors etc as we have to leave her and the older female daschund (11 years) alone at home. We tried leaving them inside and outside, both with the same results. The older one never gave problems.

Reply to Vicky van Zyl
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/06/22

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert