Question
Posted by: Adele | 2010-06-16

Dark underarms

My underarms are turning dark and its looking very unattractive. I use deodarant on a daily basis but not sure if this is the course. Is there any way I cant prevent and help ''remove'' the darness of my underarms?

Hallo Adele
The dark colour is often caused by irritation of the skin and may be due to the kind of deoderant you use, irritation of shaving or eczema. It can also be caused by acanthosis nigrans, a skin condition in patients with diabetes, polycystic ovarian syndrome, but which can also be seen in overweight persons. There are medications one can use - but first one should exclude possible medical causes. Cortisone, uric acid, salicylic acid and isotretoin creams may be used depending on the cause.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-06-16

Hallo Adele