Posted by: sash | 2011-11-22

dark marks

I have a strange thing happening where I have suddenly, quite overnight actually, developed dark marks on my forehead, kind of making a vertical line down the centre of my forehead. It''s not one line more patches that follow the same path. It looks like a scar and like I said the one day i had flawless skin the next I woke up to these marks on my head that don''t respond to bio oil. They''ve have now started appearing on either side of my nose and on the highest part of my nose (the bridge part). It''s terrible i don''t know what it is or what to do about it.
i''ve read that being on the pill caused pigmentation, but I have been on the pill for about 10 years it makes no sense that it should only start now. What do you think?

It is possible that sun exposure and being on an oral contraceptive has caused chloasma. I suggest that you consult a dermatologist for an examination and skin evaluation. Once a proper diagnosis has been made, treatment can be determine.