Posted by: Elaine | 2010-05-31

Dark marks

I have a lot of dark marks on my face left by acne, so i would like to know which products can i use to remove marks? i would also like to know if clinique products do really work? The ones for removing dark marks and acne scars?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Elaine, thank you for the email and my apologies for the delay with my response but I was away in George presenting filler and Botox workshops for the doctors in the area.

Your best option would be to consul a dermatologist, aesthetic medical practitioner, or a plastic surgeon who can examine the dark marks and the under eye circles and discuss with you you the best treatment options.
From your description the dark marks are most probably pigmentation marks following the inflammatory effect of the acne. One can consider topical products such as NeoStrata Pigment Lightening Gel (at night) and the Brightening Cream (during the day). One may add the NeoStrata Peels to further improve the appearance of the pigmentation. If one does not get good enough results then one may consider IPL skin rejuvenation or even fractional skin resurfacing.