Question
Posted by: Charleen | 2009-10-05

Dark circles under baby' s eyes normal?

I have noticed that my 7 month old daughter gets dark circles under her eyes when she' s tired

Is this normal?

I get the same when I am tired. Does it have anything to do with genes or is it because of bad blood circulation (I have raynauds syndrome)

Dear Charleen
Allergic people tend to get dark circles under the eyes - it is caused by congestion (pooling) of venous blood in the area - the dark blood is then visible under the very thin skin under the eyes. It is to an extent hereditary. Treating allergies and congestion may reduce the symptoms.