Question
Posted by: Deborah | 2011-05-10

Dark Circles Persist Even After Pregnancy

During my pregnancy I developed dark circles. I was low on iron, but not to the point of anemia. The dark circles have not gone away after pregnancy, and now it has been 10 months after the birth of my son. What can I do? I do have an iron deficiency so we can rule that possibility out. Is it possible I have hyperpientation or the circles are due to another deficiency? Help! p.s most recently I have been plagued with under eye wrinkles which started appearing 2-4 months ago - maybe since I move from Florida to California.

Expert ImageNatural health

hi Deborah

you write :"i do have an iron deficiency" - if this is the case then this must be sorted out first. Dark circles can also indicate Kidneys from a Chinese medicine perspectives. Make sure you drink enough water. The other factor to consider is making sure you have enough sleep.

if you bruise easy consider Vitamin C - this helps for collagen and will help for the wrinkles.

Kind regards
Dr Debbie
www.drdebbie.co.za