Question
Posted by: Johan | 2010/10/21

Dark Circles around eyes

Hi Dr

For the last couple of months I am struggling with dark circles around my eyes and nothing that I do take it away. Could you please tell me what is the cause of the dark circles and how I can get rid of it?

Johan

Hallo Johan
It is caused by the congestion of veins that shine through the thin skin under one's eyes. The causes are often allergy, stuffiness of the nose or sinuses, tiredness or hereditary causes. Management would include treating any allergies and or sinus problems and sleeping enough. The results of one clinical trial showed that a cream containing vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin E and retinol was moderately effective in treating under-eye circles - this you would find at beauty counters at e.g. Edgars. I think Garnier makes some products for dark circles.
dR Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/21

Hallo Johan
dR Bets