Question
Posted by: SR | 2011-04-11

Dark Circles &  marks

I am Indian and have meduim complexion, I have some black acne marks on my face can u please advice what cream I can use, I tried so many creams and nothing helps. Also can u advise on something for dark circles under the eye, I have used roc, garnier, almay and so many other products nothing have helped. Finally what is the best cream on the market to use to even my skin tone.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi SR, thank you for the question.

Ideally one would like to examine the eye area before deciding on the best treatment option/s. Dark circles are typically caused by loss of fatty support in the tear trough (shadow effect), pigmentation, and/or superficial veins, or a combination of these (treatment will therefore depend on the cause).

I am a firm believer in alphahydroxy and polyhydroxy acids, vitamin C, and vitamin A or its derivatives to help even skin tone and minimize pigmentary changes. My advice would be to consider a good SPF (50 or higher) that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide and the NeoStrata range (but similar ingredients can be found with Environ, Nimue, IS Clinical, etc.):

NeoStrata’s Depigmenting Gel and Brightening Cream SPF 15
Ultra Smoothing Cream
Renewal Cream
Biohydrating Cream

Ultimately one may have to consider adding glycolic acid peels and even technology based treatments to achieve the best results.

2
Posted by: Trudi du Toit | 2011-05-05

Severe dark sircles, my skin is light, I''m a 40 year old female

Reply to Trudi du Toit
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011-04-12

Hi SR, thank you for the question.

Ultra Smoothing Cream
Renewal Cream
Biohydrating Cream

Reply to anti-ageing expert