Question
Posted by: Desperate | 2010/05/05

Dark cicles under eyes

Good day

Please advise what I can take / or use / or do to get rid of the dark circles under my eyes, Im very desperate, Im only 27 years of age. Im tired of people telling me I look sick or tired when Im not.

Many thanks and thank you in advance

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi D

This is one of those things with no single spcific treatment.

General adivice include treating allergies if you have any (as these are a common cause), getting plenty of sleep every night,by applying an eye cream that contains vitamin K and retinol (Regardless of the cause recent research has shown that skin creams containing these two ingredients reduce puffiness and discoloration significantly in many patients), and finally, eat a healthy, balanced diet, take vitamins, and drink plenty of water as whole host of cosmetic problems can be attributed to vitamin deficiencies.

All the best!

2
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/05/06

Hi D

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist
Posted by: anon | 2010/05/05

you could have an iron deficiency - get that checked out first then go on the medication - all the best

Reply to anon