Question
Posted by: Angie | 2011/11/15

Dandruff like flakes around mouth and face

Hi Doc,

My husband gets dandruff-like flakes around his mouth (especially the " mostache-area" ) This happens especially after he shaves his face after having left it for a while. The flakes also occasionally form in between his brow area and slightly along his hair line.

He has been advised by another friend of ours who also experiences this to use Eulactol Heal Balm on the affected areas, which has been helping a bit.

I was wondering if you know what this is or what the cause is?
I have googled images of psoriosis and eczema and it looks nothing like that, so wondering if you know what it is?

Thanking you in advance for your reply

Angie

Angie

I think that he has seborrhoeic dermatitis. Refer to the following link for more details, images and treatment: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seborrhoeic_dermatitis