Question
Posted by: cally | 2009-03-16

dancing as exercise

Hi!
I was advised by my gastroenterologist to start gym for my bone density... so I started, but I find it terribly boring and a real effort to actually motivate myself to go. I used to dance quite a lot, and am joining a new studio... would a few hours of dancing weekly make up for not going to gym? I do latin american and ballroom, and also do bellydancing (at home) to keep supple.

Dancing is excellent, you could get an hour in of very effective training, so go for it. The trick is to dance fairly well, I suspect that like most things, if you do it well, then it's effective, but if you are really only just moving around, then it's less effective (still better than doing nothing, mind you).

So try it out and see how it goes.

1
Posted by: CALLY | 2009-03-18

Thanks doc.
I do dance fairly well, and very intensely when I do, so it' s the dance studio rather than the gym for me!
Thanks again.

Reply to CALLY