Question
Posted by: Ant | 2008-12-04

D& C vs HCG

Hi there.Here`s my story-went for scan to check for possible cyst on 31Oct, only to find out I was 3-4 weeks pregs.I was xtremely excited.Next scan appt was last Thursday, 27Nov and no sac was visible, I was distraught.I had no signs of a m/c.I could let it happen naturally (which seemed won`t be happening soon) or have a D& C done same day, in the state and considered what was the best for me at that stage so I was I chose the latter.

It`s now a week later and since beginning of this week I`ve been feeling diff.I decided to have another blood test done yesterday which was 6802.Couldn`t wait 24h so I did 1 today as well 8564.It seems to be rising still.I`m waiting for a call from my gynae to give me some clarity and another appt date.

I`ve thought of possible tissue being left behind after the procedure but I cannot accept that as the doc after the procedure (lasted abt 10 mins)told me that there was very little removed and the procedure was complete.I`m so nervous and anxious I can`t even think straight.What could this be??

It sounds like the baby survived the D&C and you have an ongoing pregnancy.

2
Posted by: Ant | 2008-12-05

Forgot to add in my 1st post, LMP 22Oct-25Oct...

Reply to Ant
Posted by: Ant | 2008-12-05

So I went for a scan last nyt-lo and behold there was my little one still safely tucked away.I still can`t believe it or put this puzzle together.I am definitely 6w 2d pregs as per blood test...I cannot say this is a new pregnancy or still the old 1??

Reply to Ant