Posted by: JayC | 2009-04-15

D& C, period, pregnant again??

Hi there,

I had a D& C due to a blighted ovum end Jan. I had my first period about 8 weeks after the D& C, which seemed pretty normal, besides being a little heavier than usual. I would have ordinarily been due for my next period by now, which is about a week late.

I did a HPT to get a faint line indicating a positive result. Is it at all possible that HCG levels could still be showing a positive reulst from the last pregnancy or is it a definate for being pregnant again?? I have no other symptoms what so ever, unlike before where my breasts were extrememly tender.

The hormones from the previous pregnancy should not be around so long fter this. It is likely that you are pregnant. Confirm with a blood test.

Posted by: Nix | 2009-04-16

You will only get a period after a D& C after your HCG count has gone back down to 0. So to answer your question. If you got a positive now then i' d say it' s a result of a new pregnancy. Congrats.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Tasja | 2009-04-15

I got pregnant after a D& C and after 1 period !Had no simptoms,nothing.2 days late,and i tested positive!Go do a bloodtest!

Reply to Tasja